Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas 2013

It's hard to believe that the Christmas season has already come and gone and it's 2014!  My break seemed extra quick this year as I had to go back to school January 2nd.  (Insert rolling of eyes from all the non-teachers out there.)  I feel like this break was a taste of what a "real" job would be like, having to go back to work right after the 1st...and know that I want nothing to do with that.

I spent the first half of my break back in the Bend with my family.  It was a great time of playing cards, sipping hot chocolate, and celebrating the birth of our Savior.  We went to my parents' church's Christmas Eve service and heard a great sermon on Jesus coming as the light of the world and were reminded that He will come back again.  I'm so thankful to serve a God that made a way for me to know Him through His own son.

Enjoy some pics of the festivities.


Great Bend got over a foot of snow!

Reese thought the snow scraper was an extra large hair brush. 
It's tough to choose between purple or orange in our house, so Reesie received two cheerleader outfits. 
A snowman had to be made with all that snow!  The Kid and Dad were the hard workers on that one.

I spent the second half of my break in a much warmer place when I traveled down to Austin, TX with Scott and some of his family to visit one of his sisters living down there.  We had a great time soaking up the 60+ degree weather, outlet malls, touring the Alamo and River Walk in San Antonio, visiting IKEA, and teaching me how to play Pitch.  And I must say, I wasn't half bad.

  A group of us enjoyed an afternoon of hiking and making our way through a park.  There were so many people out running and exercising that I was motivated to run...a few steps...I'd say more of a gallop. (See top left pic)  No one there had to know that I struggled to even find my tennis shoes to pack for this trip.  

We enjoyed a treat from the food truck, Hey Cupcake, and some delicious tacos at Wahoo's. 
Austin's motto is: Keep Austin Weird.  I'd say we helped contribute to that cause.  
Happy 2014!  Get excited for my "2013-Year in Review" post.