1. It's my birthday month (Yes, I'm one who loves the idea of an entire month of celebrating!
2. Several other important birthdays are celebrated (Cade's, Grandma Sauder's, my Papa's, and sooo many friends! Seriously, in college a group of us named ourselves the "Mayniacs" because we were all May birthdays. We're cool.)
3. Mother's Day (Can you tell I love any reason to get together with people I love and celebrate?!)
4. The end of a school year and SUMMER TIME!
5. 32 oz drinks at select gas stations are 99 cents
6. Sonic Shakes go half price after 8pm
So basically, I'm up for a good party and a discount drink! Happy May, people!!
A couple of weeks ago, MaKenzie ran her first full marathon in the Oklahoma City National Memorial Marathon. Wow. Let's just say it's a whole new level of crazy, determined people who participate in such an event. While down there, we were able to tour the National Museum for the memorial. I had visited the outdoor portion, but had never toured the inside where you see more of individual's stories and news coverage from that tragic day. It really is a sobering experience to walk around and be reminded of just how precious life is.
Last weekend Scott and I traveled to his hometown of Concordia for a fun weekend with his family. He's a country boy through & through and I'm beginning to think he'd like some of that to rub off on me. :) Our weekend was complete with a fishing trip and shark-tooth hunting. I bet you wouldn't believe me if I told you I caught the biggest fish out of the group....within like 5 minutes of casting. Yep. I was pretty much meant to be a fisherman. I'm sure Bass Pro will be calling me for my endorsement anytime now.
|Check out that bass!|
|Cute dress credit goes to the Kid. And Reese gets credit for helping me open gifts :)|
I also picked out these super cute Toms for my birthday. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
I'm counting down the days till my normal summer routine of sleeping in and laying pool side with my Sonic drink in hand! 8 days to go!