I'll start with the end product picture because it might make more sense then.
- File Folders (as many as you want- I have one for each class, 6)
- Scrapbook paper for each folder
- Hot glue gun
- Command hook
- Laminating Machine
1. Attach scrapbook paper to front of file folders. I used scrapbook tape.
2. Laminate each folder individually and cut out.
3. Hot glue the sides of each folder, keeping the top of the folder open.
4. Line up folders on top of each other leaving desired amount at top (I left about 4 inches between each) and mark where you'd like them.
5. Hot glue folders on top of each other where you've marked them.
6. Label folders however you'd like. I taped hot pink mini post-its with the class hours on mine.
7. Hot glue ribbon to folder and hang on command hook (or whatever you'd like).
This is going to be where I place absent work for students to get when they come back. Hopefully I will have invested enough time into creating it that I'll actually use it.
Random, but seems fitting to include these two items I bought at trainerswarehouse.com for my classroom.
I took an amazing classroom management class that will seriously revolutionize my teaching (yep, bold statement). The instructor had this super cute popcorn ball and a great chime to bring the class back together, so I got online and purchased my own. No more lingering of conversations in room D-2. Next time you hear from me I'm sure I'll be wiping the sleep from my eyes, reporting back to school kicking and screaming....