Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cruisin' Time

So...blogging has fallen to the bottom of the list of things to do lately, but you shall wait no more!  I had high hopes of creating a clever, witty cruise post where I'd tell you how fabulously clear the water was or how soft the sand was between my toes.  Or how I spent an entire afternoon in a hammock on the beach with a good book or how I ate...and ate...and ate magnificent food.  All of the above is true and so much more; it was an amazing trip and made for a perfect birthday celebration.  Disney cruise all the way.  I'm serious.  Disney just does everything so well.  And they have plenty of kid areas and adult only areas that I never once was annoyed or felt like I wanted to jump overboard.

We docked in Nassau and my grandparents and I toured Atlantis.  We were super pumped for this, only to leave saying we shouldn't have gotten off the boat.  It was a two hour guided walking tour in the hot sun...not our thing.  Disney cruise ship...our thing.  Papa and I wanted to ditch the tour and roam ourselves, but Grandmama was too much of a rule follower.

The next day we docked at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.  This place had it all.  I said 'yes please' to Serenity beach for those 18 years and older and didn't regret it for a second.

Here are a few pics from my phone.  The majority of my pics are on my camera (which I haven't used in so long, I can't find the cord to upload them, so unfortunately those may never be seen).




Today was my last day with students and summer has officially begun.  (Which also means half price Sonic shakes after 8...I've already taken advantage of this more than once.)  I've got some pretty big changes and new journeys ahead that I'll blog about in the coming future.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment