Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Journeys

Because this blog was originally created to chronicle my journeys in life, (and because I'm more of a writer and less of a scrapbooker), here's Gentry's next journey for you all.  They say that the only thing constant in life is change.  I fully believe this, but don't always embrace it.   So when I felt God tugging at my heart to prepare for change last fall, I knew I'd better listen up.  Over the course of the school year, God continued to open doors (and soften my heart) for a change in my career.  No, I'm not leaving the teaching profession...let's be real, anyone who knows me will testify that I'm not cut out to work year round. ;)  I did, however, decide to take an opportunity at a new school in a new district.  After four years as a Gorilla at Haysville West, I packed up my classroom, turned in my keys, cried only once, and left my classroom for the last time.  This fall I will join the Trojans (I haven't had the best luck with mascots) at Andover Middle School with 6th graders.  I'm very excited for this new journey and am confident that this is where God wants me.  I'm thankful for His clear direction and constant faithfulness in my life. 

A favorite verse of mine is James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." 

I'm so glad to serve a God that remains constant in an ever-changing world.  Among a change of schools, this summer the girls I live with and I are uprooting and moving to the east side of Wichita.  They already both work over there and Andover will be much closer on the east side.  This summer will be full of packing, cleaning, moving, unpacking, masters classes (I'm completely finished in August!!), and getting a new classroom ready.  Of course I will also find the time to lay pool side, stay up entirely too late, read good books, enjoy Sonic happy hour, and make a few trips to see family and friends.  Thanks for letting me share my life with you! I think that's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting Gench! Impressed you only cried once :)
    I am a little sad you'll be abandoning the West side of Wichita though...clearly the superior side ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely miss the west side! I'm sure it will take me awhile to feel like a true east sider. Hope you're enjoying your Kaleo adventures and good luck in India!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete