Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Parties, Pictures, and Places

It's almost that time of year again.  That time when my body cringes at any and all things "back to school" related.  Seriously, I've even dreaded going to Target lately because of all their school supply aisles.  If I'm not having a good time at Target, something is really not right.  A responsible adult would be working on getting in bed before 1am and out of bed before 9am at this point in the summer.  Apparently no responsible adult around here.  If anything, my sleep patterns have only gotten worse over the past couple of weeks.  August 11th, I dread you.

Since the engagement, summer has really seemed to fly by.  We've been busy planning and booking and things are really coming together. Three months and one day, people!  Needless to say, at this point in the summer I'm usually reading books like, The First Days of School, by Harry Wong (yes, unfortunate name) but instead I'm currently reading, The Meaning of Marriage, by Timothy Keller (great book!)  Luckily, years ago Jana and I came to the conclusion that the back to school book really boils down to one thing--don't be a bonehead.  

Scott had his annual 4th of July party where we celebrated with family and friends.  He and I decided to go all out with our apparel and just let everyone know how patriotic we are.  Feast your eyes on this.

I mean, if this doesn't say, "God bless America," then I don't know what does.  The party also served as a fun engagement party for us at the neighbor's backyard pool.  They truly have a slice of heaven in their backyard and were so kind to host our large group.

I could get used to living across the street from this :) 
Festive cake pops and fruit pizza.
Our friends Scott and Rebekah.  They chose a more subtle attire for the evening. 
I know the 4th of July was almost a month ago, but I told myself if I blogged about it before July was over, then I was good.  Here's to a personal win for me.

I also enjoyed a trip to the Wisconsin Dells with my parents for the National Pork Industry Conference.  Yep, very official.  This was my third time to go and it really is so much fun.  Usually my mom and I lay poolside (my summer talent) and hit up the awesome outlet mall (my mom's talent).  However, this year we were there to enjoy the Polar Vortex and watched as the lifeguards walked the pool in misery and coats.

Notice rain and coat...Cue sadness 
Never a dull moment if you're a Moose Jaw pizza delivery boy.  And no, this isn't blow up...it's a legit fake moose. 
Ice Ice Piggy....(I'm sorry, I had to) 

                                            

This is the only picture I got on my African safari vacation....oh wait, that's the elephant statue outside the Kalahari Resort. 

Another highlight for us this summer was taking engagement pictures with Scott's talented sister, Lisa. Here's a special sneak peek of the fun! 




Here's to less than two weeks left of summer!  You can find me screeching into Sonic for half price shakes after eight...or still in bed before nine...thirty.  Look forward to a post on Scott and I's fun with re-tiling his (soon-to-be our) bathrooms.  If we only had a quarter for every trip to Lowes.....

2 comments:

  1. You are so hilarious! I just love your posts. Cute engagement pics! When can I see more?!

    ReplyDelete