Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

As previously  mentioned, my students have been busy clicking away and staring off into computer screens for the past three days taking the Kansas Reading State Assessments.  This has allowed me to get caught up on quite a bit of grading, lesson planning, blog reading and other important details.  As my students have been so faithfully working I've had the chance to walk around and read through the tests they're taking.  They have three days worth of three passages with 6-14 questions each and let me tell you just how riveting and exciting these passages are.  In fact, I'm so moved by these wonderfully relevant to twelve year old stories that I'd like to thank those bigwigs in charge of creating these tests for coming up with such highly exciting material for these twelve year olds.
So here goes my letter....

To Whom It May Concern:

I'd like to thank you for working so hard to create the utmost of exciting passages for students across the state of Kansas to read.  I'm sure you're well aware of how hard it can be for twelve and thirteen year olds to stay focused and keep their curiosity peeked for hours at a time, so thank you for coming up with such engaging material.  I've had a hard time choosing my absolute favorite passage, but I think it's a close call between "I Support Backpacks on Wheels" and "Can Your Pet Pass an Oral Exam".  I mean really, both of these are just such hot topics today that I just can't understand why students would dread these tests.  I've seen so many students walking around with their wheely backpacks that if they didn't already have one, they're going to jump out there and buy one today after that article!  And who hasn't been dying to know about their pets hygeine and what causes bad doggy breath??  So again, thank you for spending the time and putting forth such great effort to come up with only the best. 

Sincerely,

Miss Sauder

Well, if you haven't already stopped reading this long post...I would definitely need my sarcasm font for the letter above.  And just for the record I do NOT support backpacks on wheels....

No comments:

Post a Comment