Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Turning of a New Page

Changeverb (used with object)
to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
 
(No, I'm not changing my name, I'm always changing my opinion, and would like to think I occasionally change the course of history.)
 
A very big, exciting change happened to Tracie (owner of the BP*...aka- my landlord).  Her man got down on one knee and they will be tying the knot in May!  He'll be moving into her place...surely you see where this is going.  Change and a dis-banning of the BP.  We're thrilled for Tracie and Gordon, and this was a long time coming, so luckily I had a head's up to this change.  (Tracie knew I needed that due to my lack of love for change.)
 
The BP has been my only place of residency since graduating from college and opening the door to the real world and it's been a great place.  It's always been totally worth the 25 minute commute to work in order to live with these fun girls.  Jessica and I have begun the hunt for a new place and after some major strike outs...let's just say the house I found for us to look at had both of us scared to get out of the car in the daylight.  She said she needed to teach me how to use the "street view" on google maps.  We think we've found what could be the BP2.  So as much as I hate change, I think I can handle having a dishwasher, garage to tuck Lola the Corolla into, and master bedroom w/ bathroom and walk-in closet.  Now don't get me wrong, the original BP will always hold a special place in my heart.  :)
 
Here's a quote from one of my all-time favorite books, "So Long Insecurities" by Beth Moore. 
 
"God uses change to change us.  He doesn't use it to destroy us or to distract us, but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny.  How will we ever change if everything around us stays the same?  Or what will ever cause us to move on to the next place He has for us if something doesn't happen to change the way we feel about where we are?  God is thoroughly committed to finishing the masterpiece He started in us (Philippians 1:6) and that process means one major thing: change."
 
So I must say, I'm embracing this change and preparing to turn the page to a new chapter in life.  Congratulations Tracie and Gordon!  Feel free to still call it the BP :)
 
* Bachelorette Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment