Monday, January 30, 2012

Trials of a 7th Grader

I walked into the bathroom after school today and was reminded of why teaching pre-pubescent 7th graders makes me laugh regularly.  There were a handful of cheerleaders in there getting ready to cheer at the basketball game (which 12 year old boys in huge sleeve-less jerseys is another thing that makes me laugh) but anyway....I walk through the mass of giggling girls, hold my breath through gobs of hairspray shot my way, and make it to a stall.  Then the following conversation took place:

"OMG!!!  The worst thing happened to me this morning!! In first hour, I thought I had left my lip gloss at home and I was like, are you serious?! But then I rememberd it was in my binder....phew! That would have been so terrible."

-other girl  "Wow!! I almost forgot to wear mascara to school today!  That is like my worst nightmare!"

It took all that I had not to laugh out loud at this point.  I can't help but think though that their life is pretty good if that's their biggest concern.  And I know so many of them have much bigger concerns; concerns I've never had to worry about.  I just do what I can in my little corner of their world...room D-2, Language Arts.  Hope for more laughs tomorrow.

And still no camera charger...I just need to break down and buy a new one.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious. Oh middle school girls have got to be the most crazy creatures on earth

    ReplyDelete