Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Simple Life


I traveled back to the Bend this past weekend and as promised, now have fun pics to show for it.  Some disclaimers to begin...I will defend the wonderful town of Great Bend until the day I die.  It is not western Kansas, but central Kansas.  It is not a boring, stinky town, but a great place to grow up.  With that being said, I am posting some scenic farm pictures that are very stereotypical small town shots.  No, I do not live on a farm, but enjoy the beauty of the simple life, nonetheless. 



Jana & Matt made the trip back to Olathe without Cade so he could get some time with G-Mom and Papa while they work basketball camps.  So Cade, Papa, and I headed out on a wagon ride that turned into a tour of the corn fields and dairy farm. (I know, small town farm pics...yep)  Papa's doing his best to introduce good ol' rural living to this Johnson County boy.

Learning life lessons from Papa


Here's a sneak peak of what's to come.  We continued our "cultured" experience with Batman JoCo boy at the Wichita Zoo.  Here we are in the American farm petting zoo area.  This is when we got brave and let him out of the stroller.



Petting the horses.  (This is before Papa saw the "give animals their space, may bite" sign)

A full zoo post with pics to come.  Hope you all are enjoying your summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment