Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wichita's Wonder!

It's a summer goal of mine to get out and do fun things and try new shops, restaurants, etc. in and around the area and then feature them on here as often as I can (of course).  Just maybe this will catch momentum and I'd be asked to write some sort of column or get paid for my blog.  You could just call me Andie Anderson, the "How To" columnist.....come on, Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, anyone?  So millions  hundreds of readers out there, you might one day see my name posted in a famous newspaper or magazine or just right here on my own corner of fame...the blog. 

Anyway, this first feature is what I'd like to call Wichita's Wonder... Dustee's Fashion Accessories.  This super cute asseccory store is located on the west side of Wichita in New Market Square next to Best Buy.  I'd heard quite a bit about it from different teachers at school, but checked it out for the first time with my mom a few weekends ago. 

I really liked loved it because it was very organized and good quality stuff!  It's a very decent sized store full of the cutest necklaces, bracelets, earrings, watches, purses, luggage, shoes (awesome wedges & sandals), some blouses & tops, a few skirts, belts, and much much more.  It can be a bit overwhelming unless you're a jewelry goo-roo or an accessory queen like my mom.  My all-time favorite store right now...hands down.  If you're on the west side (or even if you're not, totally worth the trip over) check it out!!

Here are some pics of my precious loot from the day. 

I'd say it was a successful trip and I've had to display a decent amount of self-discipline to not go back in and drop tons of money.  Things are also very reasonably priced, I would just buy multiple things.  A set of earrings & a necklace for $10.99, earrings $3.99, watches $16.99 and up just to give you an idea.

So...I drafted the above portion right after my first visit....my accessory addict self has since made a return trip. Jessica #1 (yep..I live with two Jessica's and I'm friends with about five million others as of recent) wanted to get some jewelry to match with a few new tops she had so I was more than happy to go along with her.  While I was working so hard to find just the right stuff for her, somehow these adorable, must-have wedges jumped out right in front of me and before I knew it, they were purchased and in my closet :)


Please ignore the dirty mirror...I've since cleaned it, I promise!
I've already worn them once and plan on a second showing of them at my cousin's wedding this weekend. So colorful, they can be worn with all kinds of things!  We'll see if Miss Sauder* gets brave enough to wear them this fall....not so sure I'd make it through a full day.  

*I refuse to refer to myself as Miss Sauder again until approximately August 16th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment