Monday, March 4, 2013

Operation Beach Bod

So remember when I set that New Year Goal that I was going to start working out?? Well, fast forward two months and today we've got ourselves a winner!  Let me remind you I'll be spending the big 2-6 on a beach which is making for great motivation to get my butt in gear and start working out.  I had Jessica take a pic of me after I finished officially working out for the first time in 6 months  for awhile.

Going all "tough girl" and sporting my Changing Lives YMCA folder
Let's reminisce on how I used to work out with a personal trainer twice a week, or how I could have done 20+ REAL push ups at a time, and had toned, defined arms...now fast forward to today with me.  First of all, the gym was packed.  I am not the only one looking to turn over a new leaf.  I decided to start by finding a quiet corner where I could stretch.  Side note: I've always been a huge proponent of stretching before physical activity, so no, Jana & MaKenzie, I will not just join you in whooping out a toe touch without any stretching. End side note. As I'm stretching, I really think I could hear my bones cracking from the lack of activity they've had lately.  While I made my way to the ARC trainer I just felt like a fish out of water or like I was wearing a blinking neon sign that read, "I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN FOREVER."  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a gym rat whose upper body can't fit through a door, but I am ready to be a regular again.

 Once on the machine, I decided I'd go for 25 minutes.  As I got started I thought to myself, "Man, the last person sure had this thing on a high resistance level."  I looked down to see Resistance 1....oh my!  Overall, it felt good.  I sweat my hiney off and the pregnant lady next to me schooled me, but I felt good.  My dad has always said there are two hard things to a job: starting and finishing.  Today, I started.  Beach bod, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment