Saturday, August 27, 2011

Time Out

I'm taking a personal TO from my Saturday "to-do" list (see below) to blog about my desires for the school year...
  • Lesson Plans
  • Grading (who's the crazy one that had something due on Friday to grade over the weekend??)
  • Church nursery training (two & three yr olds, here I come)
  • Sonic Happy Hour (yep, was really on the list)
  • Spend some quiet time with God (necessary after this week of school)
  • Send emails/phone friends
  • Run (did it!)
  • Watch last week's Project Runway (it's important to put fun things on the list)
Since school has started back up (sigh) I feel like my life now consists of waking up early and thinking for 150+ students all day long, praying for patience and love for these kids, that they'll leave my classroom in May different than they came in August.  Different in the sense of maturity and self-confidence.  Different in the fact that they'll see their true potential and truly desire to rise to the occasion.  Different in how they treat one another and themselves, how they view life and see the world around them.  For some, their world is so small and it breaks my heart....I have to remind myself of this when I want to thump them on the head by the end of the day.  I guess I just want to make a difference.

I'm sure I'll need to remind myself of this post frequently throughout the school year as I begin to be ruled by content and State Assessment prep...but Lord, help me make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment