Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easy Dinner Surprise

So remember when I was having so much success with my crock pot recipes?? I hit a bit of a road block when I chose "Easy Dinner Surprise" the other night.  The name alone should have tipped me off that this would not be good.  It sounds like it should be served at either a nursing home or a school cafeteria.  Surely we all remember the school days when you'd see "Cook's Choice" on the lunch menu.  Please, that's code for random leftovers.  Anyway, the good thing was it was definitely easy; however, should I sacrifice taste for ease??  Not so sure....  Here's the recipe.  By all means, try it!  You might just love it.

Easy Dinner Surprise

1 lb. stewing meat, cubed
Can of cream of mushroom soup
Can of cream of celery soup
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
4 oz. can of mushroom pieces

1. Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
2. Cover.  Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
3. Serve over rice or baked potatoes.
I ate mine over rice and it was decent enough the first time around.  Cooking for one allows a TON of leftovers, so I probably could have made at least three or four more meals out of this, but I was dreading the thought of eating it everyday.  I finally made myself pack it for a lunch one day because then I'd have to eat it at school and I thought I might actually feel like it by the time lunch rolled around.  I was wrong.  Just thinking about it made me want to gag.  I'm that person who looks forward to what she brought for lunch, so Easy Dinner Surprise made for a very anti-climactic day.  I hate to waste food so I thought about just forcing myself to eat the rest of it, but needless to say, I put it down the garbage disposal last night. Cross that off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment