Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm On Board!

As a Language Arts teacher, I probably shouldn't admit that I've never read a single Harry Potter book (seen most of the movies) and have only read the first Twilight book (refuse to see the movies).  So when the Hunger Games series came out, I decided this would be my thing.  I'm totally on board with Katniss, Peeta, and the gang!


 I began reading the series last year during my lovely and quite frequent snow days from school.  We had five* and it was awesome.  I'd usually get the automated call the night before that we'd be out the next day and I'd then stay up late into the night flipping the pages of the adventures of the games.  There were even moments when I gasped out loud during the first book.  The Hunger Games was by far my favorite of the three and I've already seen the movie twice.  I'm now rereading Catching Fire and I'm sure I'll make my way back through Mocking Jay.  It's the huge craze with my students and we talk about our favorite parts and things that surprised us in the movie.  I don't think I've ever known a book series to hit such a large spectrum of people.  Kids, adults, boys, girls, even those stubborn students of mine who convince themselves they hate reading have been caught with it under their binders.  Love it.  I've always thought it would be so cool to write a book.  Maybe someday.  I have no idea what I'd possibly write about; that was the main reason I started blogging, to be able to share my random thoughts and hope that at least family members would read it.  Anyway, I guess until I hit it big with my best seller that hits the big screen, I'll enjoy what's already out there. 




*In honor of having no snow days this school year :( my district has named Friday, April 27th a school holiday and we will be given the day off.  Have I mentioned I love my profession lately?

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I'm usually not a book bandwagon-er, but I LOVED The Hunger Games series.

    ReplyDelete